Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Lazy Days

I have been pretty lazy recently with the old blog, just putting in funny things from the newspaper, but the fact is that is the most exciting thing in my day! I now have just one day left of chemistry, and then the writing, hoorah! I have pretty much done everything I wanted to (although my goals have crept down to near-nothing as time has gone on), but I am dreading seeing Burns tomorrow. Very scared that he will say I can't leave, and how I will deal with that. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and go and see him instead of waiting for him to call, as I want to go to the pub for lunch, and would rather not have a meeting to look forward to.

Anyway the jubilant feeling accompanying the leaving of the lab is with me.

Tomorrow I also have the excitement of going to see a preview of "Downfall", a German film I know very little about. I am looking forward to it though it looks pretty good. I am reading "The Fatherland" by Robert Harris at the moment though, so going a bit Deutsche.

Still do not have a job. There is a wine reception after a conference here on Friday though, so I will try and smooch the industry bods. Problem is, there aren't actually any jobs out there to compete for.

Anyway enough of a downer on that one. I am going to a wedding at the end of April and in the rsvp we have to put our top three disco tunes. This is a hard choice to make and is delaying the reply. What a great idea though, you can guarantee that everyone will dance!

OK got to dash to nmr.

No comments: