Monday, January 05, 2009

Weird presents

D seems to have started getting weird presents from people at work. I'm not sure why, or what I can gather people think of him, but two notable examples from the recent past are:

1) A magic set from the Woolworths "Worth It" range. This was before Woolworths died its terrible death so it can't have been for nostalgic reasons. This present came from someone he helped with some maths they couldn't do.

2) A 16-piece set of cutlery. This was from someone whose PhD he supervised, after the student's viva. This, I personally think, reaches knew heights of bizzarrety. When I did my PhD you bought people bottles of spirits or got them wasted down the bar. I cannot even begin to imagine what this says about what his student thought of D. Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments: